In this sub-project, digital solutions and tools are developed and implemented together with the responsible departments and urban developers in order to support them in their daily work and in decision-making processes in urban development.
The identification of current challenges in planning processes form the basis for the processing of applied cases in order to implement innovative solutions in a targeted manner with the aid of Urban Data Platforms and Digital Twins. Key benefits for urban development arise as a result of:
- Integration of more information for decision-making processes (data-based decisions using numerous data sources)
- Combination of data from different areas (opening “data silos”)
- Use of sensor technology in urban development
- New analytics tools
- (real-time) simulation
- Participation by external stakeholders
Current challenges faced by cities and municipalities taken up as use cases for Urban Digital Twins
The implementation of these solutions is currently being prepared in the three partner cities, in cooperation with the specialised planning departments of the city administrations, the local offices for (citizen) participation and with other relevant actors such as energy suppliers or municipal utilities, before they are trialed in the real world.
By 2025, we intend to complete the technical implementation of new digital methods, tools and formats within the framework of our use cases, and to have them successfully tested by those responsible for technical planning. The documentation of use case development will be made available so that the knowledge gained in the CUT project can also be used in the use case development in other cities and municipalities.
Objectives of the sub-project
- Intelligent utilisation of data for working on urban planning topics of the future
- Improving transparency of complex urban development procedures
- Re-design of established administrative practices
- Efficiency gains regarding the utilisation of space, infrastructure, energy and finance